What Brush On Block Staffers Can't Live Without
As one of Brush On Block’s longest-serving employees, I had the experience of working for the company when there were only four products … Brush On Block SPF 30 Mineral Powder Sunscreen in Translucent and Touch of Tan, along with refills for both. Back in those days, it was really easy to pick your favorite product, and to explain the brand to friends and family.
Now, although it is still easy to explain the brand (we make mineral sunscreens that are easy and convenient to use, because the best sunscreen is one that you will actually wear!), it takes much longer to explain all of the products! Because I always start with the product I have known the longest, I wanted to talk to some of our team members about what THEY recommend to everyone they meet!
Andrea Wetsel, Founder and CEO
- Brush On Block SPF 30 Mineral Powder Sunscreen – our original workhorse – makes every day sun protection easy.
- Nobody’s Perfect Daily Face Oil – I use it for everything and think everyone else should also! It’s a beautiful blend of powerful oils and antioxidants – moisturizes without feeling greasy, works on chapped hands, dry cuticles, dry feet, flyaway hairs, etc.
- Sun Shine Protective Lip Oil SPF 30 – multifunctional; hydrating, protection and a little bit of color. And feels so great on the lips! What’s not to love?
- Sheer Genius SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen + Moisture – I love this as an initial moisturizing layer of protection in the morning.
Loni Sanders, Customer Service
This summer, I hiked the Inca Trail in Peru (to a height of 14,000 feet—roughly the same altitude as the top of Mt. Rainier), I used my Brush On Block products constantly. These are my favorites:
- Sun Shine Protective Lip Oil SPF 30 – This was ABSOLUTELY essential on the trail. I had it in my front pocket and I reapplied about every 40 minutes, all day, every day. I love the way it feels! And if you do get chapped lips or wind or sunburned, it feels so good as an after-sun product too. I know it’s meant to be preventive, but it’s good anytime and all the time. (Also, I gave one to my friend Sally and she completely agrees with this assessment.)
- Brush On Block SPF 30 Mineral Powder Sunscreen – I love this brush because I carry one in my purse with me all the time. This means if I decide to eat lunch outdoors with my friends, I can whip out my brush and reapply my sunscreen mid-day. I never carried sunscreen with me before I got my BOB brush, but now I have it when I need it. It’s SO convenient. Plus, I love that I can fly with it (I never check luggage, but I can always take my sunscreen!)
- I love the new Sheer Genius SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen + Moisture. It goes on so well. It feels good and it doesn’t make me “all white”, yet it works so well. Again, I took this product on the Inca Trail and it was essential! I would never go on vacation without this.
- Nobody’s Perfect Daily Face Oil – We use it not only for the face, but for “boo boos” such as little cuts, as a balm after removing a sliver and on something you’d put a band-aid on. My daughter used it when she had a cold and her nose got chapped from blowing it with paper tissues. It has serious healing properties! And it feels so good. I thought it might feel greasy but it doesn’t at all, it just melts into my skin. Brilliant!
Maria Medina, Shipping & Fulfillment Manager
- Sheer Genius SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen + Moisture – I’m going to be very honest; I have never used nor given a second thought to use sunscreen as a part of a daily routine until I started working for Brush On Block. And now it’s the second thing I put on my face every morning (after my Nobody’s Perfect Daily Face Oil). I love the moisture it gives, it leaves my face soft and smooth. I carry a small purse, and love that its small enough to fit in it.
- Nobody’s Perfect Daily Face Oil – I always had a few dry spots on my face and dry elbows growing up, and have been using the oil on both areas and can feel the difference. I also love that it doesn’t leave my face feeling oily and love the color of the bottle!
- BOB KIDS Brush On Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 – Even with this sun and crazy heat, kids really don’t think about sunscreen. My grandbabies love to play with my make-up and what better way to let them think they’re putting some on? I tell them they need to “pretty up” before heading out the door and first thing they do is grab their brushes and brush away.. along with the Nude Lip Oil.
- Sun Shine Protective Lip Oil SPF 30 – I love the color options, especially the Nude Tint for my grandbabies. They love to put it on and I love knowing it’s protecting them at the same time. And I really appreciate that ALL of the products are compact and convenient to carry along.
Mike Dodge, Ecommerce Manager
- BOB KIDS Brush On Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 – The brush is soft and fuzzy and kids love it, building good habits! To quote one of the doctors from a magazine article that featured the product, “The entire experience of applying it seems to be a sensory joy.”
- Brush On Block SPF 30 Touch of Tan Mineral Powder Sunscreen – I love that it gives the look of a kiss of sun.
- Sun Shine Protective Lip Oil SPF 30 Nude Tint has become a favorite around our house. My wife just loves it, and so do her friends. It’s a winner.
Trish Byron-Wilcox, Chief of Staff
- Nobody’s Perfect Daily Face Oil answers all of my big skin questions – What do I do about my chapped winter hands? Dry elbows? Dry cuticles? Having an inexplicable breakout? It is all solved with this serum, gently yet efficiently.
- Sheer Genius SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen + Moisture – My daily treasure! I use it as my base sunscreen in the morning, and for any outdoor exercise for my hands and arms later in the day. I also love the slender tube – fits everywhere, even in the leg pockets on my yoga pants.
- BOB KIDS Brush On Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 – My wiggly one-year-old who hates having anything rubbed on her face LOVES putting on sunscreen thanks to the BOB KIDS brush!
- Brush On Block SPF 50 Mineral Powder Sunscreen – My husband prefers a higher SPF, especially when golfing, and our SPF 50 brush makes it easy for him to reapply throughout his game.
Jean Burton, Customer Service Representative
- Nobody’s Perfect Daily Face Oil is my all-time favorite! It goes on so light and absorbs into my skin without leaving it feeling sticky or slimy. I apply it to my face of course, but also use it on my neck and shoulders and décolletage. It is especially nice to help hydrate my skin after a day in the weather (summer or winter). I’ve even been known to lightly brush it through the ends of my hair when the winter dryness/frizzies get bad. It has so many great skin benefits built in!
- Brush On Block SPF 30 Mineral Powder Sunscreen – The classic is such a great value for the amount of sun protection I typically need and for the convenience factor. I do not wear makeup and so this has been a nice, natural look that I apply every morning before I head out and I keep one handy for reapplying throughout the day. It doesn’t melt in my car when it’s hot, like sticks and lotions do, and it doesn’t spill or leak in my bag. I’m not a hat person, so I even use it in my hair part to keep my scalp from burning.
- Sun Shine Protective Lip Oil SPF 30 in Fig – My go-to lip sunscreen is the Fig Lip Oil. I’m not a cosmetic user, so this one is perfect for me since it’s slightly darker than the color of my natural lip tone, but with a gloss and the added benefits of mineral sunscreen. No more sore throats from chemical sunscreens for me!
- BOB KIDS Brush On Mineral Powder Sunscreen SPF 30 – BOB KIDS brush is a family favorite! I’ve shown my kiddo how to properly apply it to prevent sun damage and burns and he even keeps one in his school bag (whether he remember to use it is another story). He likes it because it is not a sticky lotion (sensory issues) and he can apply it himself. My adult nephew keeps one of these in his ski jacket for when he’s snowboarding and loves the convenience, as it’s just a little more compact than our original brush.
Terresa Clark, Brand Manager (and Blog Post Author)
- Brush On Block SPF 30 Mineral Powder Sunscreen – I simply cannot imagine using a different sunscreen. I started using Brush On Block before I started working for the company, and the fact that it is easy to apply, easy to refill and easy to carry with me are almost as important as the fact that it provides the exact protection that dermatologists recommend for daily sun protection (and skin cancer protection). It is the best.
- BOB KIDS Sun Balm SPF 40 – This handy tin has earned a place in the pocket of all of my winter jackets. Yes, I use it in the summer (especially when I’m in my happy place, in or at a body of water), but for cold winter activities, it can’t be beat. It warms to the touch and goes on my face with fingertips, to keep moisture sealed in as well as protect from that reflected sun. I know I probably won’t get a sun burn in the winter, but I definitely care just as much about preventing photo aging!
- Brush On Block SPF 50 Mineral Powder Sunscreen – Everyone should know by now that SPF 30 is really the gold-standard for sun protection, but I have fair skin and burn fairly easily. The extra UV protection that you get from SPF 50 is nice for times when you can’t seek shade, like when you are sitting at an outdoor event. I often need to reapply my SPF 30 every hour if I’m not able to get into the shade, so the SPF 50 just adds a little extra protection.
- Perfect Pencil Lip Liner – I know it is a bit of a sleeper, but this Lip Pencil is the PERFECT color. I use it with Sun Shine Protective Lip Oils (I’m not loyal to any of the colors) and it works with each shade. I’ve given it to friends and family, and it has instantly become a favorite for each person. It is also not too soft, and not too hard, making it truly the Perfect Pencil.