Learning to Love the Skin You're In
It's normal to want to look your best and present yourself well, but at what cost? Today, millions of women spend countless dollars on cosmetic procedures to compete with media images and change the way they look. It has become normal to use Botox to get rid of wrinkles, liposuction to remove fat, and self-tanner to cover pale skin. Many women resort to these decisions to keep up with unattainable beauty standards and are left feeling insecure and unhappy. Life is too short to be so unhappy with yourself, so you need to do something about it. Here are some tips to help you love the skin you're in.
- Decide to eat healthy. Forget about fad dieting. We all know that doesn't work. Make some lifelong changes for better health. You can jump right in and change all your bad habits at once or make small changes and stick with them. Start by minimizing sugar in your diet or by eliminating soda. Then build on healthy changes each week. You will start to feel better, and your skin will reap the benefits.
- Move your body. If you do not have a regular exercise routine, start one. It could be as simple as walking or as challenging as boot camp, but you must exercise to look and feel better. Get your heart rate up and see the positive results in your waistline and your skin.
- Protect your skin. The only real way to prevent your skin from accelerated aging is to protect it from the sun. Make sure you are wearing sunblock every day, even when it is cloudy. Use Brush On Block under or over makeup to block the sun's harmful rays. Brush On Block is a broad spectrum SPF 30 mineral sunscreen that is safe for everyone.
- Become mindful. Self-love is important to living well. It influences every decision you make. When you are mindful, you are aware of how you think, how you feel, and what you want instead of relying on the opinions of others.
- Take care of yourself. Healthy and happy people take care of their own basic needs. Get enough sleep, develop healthy relationships, and engage in enjoyable activities. Take care of your skin by using a natural mineral powder sunscreen like Brush On Block®. You will be protecting yourself from the aging, damaging rays of the sun which can both burn and age you.
The beauty industry is big business. You don't have to buy into the notion that a few wrinkles or a few extra pounds are unattractive. If you can live by the mantra that life gets better as you age, you will begin to celebrate your own unique self and will be happier for it.