To keep your skin looking its best during the hot and humid days of summer, think protection, prevention, and hydration. Your skin is your largest organ and takes a lot of abuse from the sun's harsh rays. Here are some hot tips for your skincare this summer.
- Switch to a lightweight tinted moisturizer in lieu of foundation that can feel too heavy on hot days. Use a bronzer for a hint of color without exposing your face to the sun.
- Wear a large-brimmed hat when you plan to spend a lot of time in direct sunlight.
- Apply sunscreen all over your body before you head outdoors and give it at least 15 minutes to sink in. Apply a mineral sunscreen like Brush On Block to your face for easy application and instant coverage.
- Prevent breakouts by looking for oil-free sunscreens that absorb easily into the skin, and be sure to cleanse your skin every morning and evening.
- Use a face cloth soaked in cold water to calm redness from a sunburn, or take a cold shower to cool off.
- Use a dark spot corrector or fading cream at night to reverse melasma on the skin. This will make skin sensitive to the sun, so keep your face protected during the day.
- Exfoliate an extra day each week during the summer to slough off dead skin. Pores can also get clogged from oily skin and products, so exfoliating will help.
- Spray your scalp along your part and the sensitive skin along your hairline with a sunscreen spray to avoid burning in these areas.
- Keep your lips luscious and shielded from the sun with an SPF lip balm.
- Bring along a facial mist and apply to your skin to keep it hydrated on the outside.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself feeling and looking your best.
Brush On Block® is a natural SPF 30 mineral powder and chemical-free sunscreen that is safe for everyday use for children and adults. Wear over or under makeup and reapply with ease. The portable, self-dispensing brush allows you to take it with you every where you go!