6 Cold Weather Makeup Tips
Winter is right around the corner, and that means cold, dry air, red cheeks and watery eyes—not a winning combination for award-winning makeup. Overcome the cold with these six tips for making the most of your makeup this winter!
1. Blush and bronzer are your best friends. Compensate for pale, dry skin with blush and bronzer. While you may have lost your summer tan, you can keep your face looking vibrant and fresh with these vital tools. Take advantage of winter color palettes like golds and bronzes for a warm, healthy look.
2. We can’t say it enough—moisturize! Don’t just moisturize before bed, but apply your moisturizer before you put on your foundation for that fresh, bright look.
3. Change your cleansing routine. Instead of foaming or gel-based cleaners, opt for milky, creamy cleansers with fewer stripping detergents in winter. Also consider using a humidifier in your room at night to combat the dryness in the air.
4. Don’t skimp on sunscreen. UV rays are present no matter what time of year it is. Combined with the reflecting properties of snow, you can get sunburned, even in winter. Be sure to wear at least an SPF 15 every day, like Brush On Block® Broad Spectrum mineral powder sunscreen. Brush On Block® contains naturally-occurring ingredients like green tea leaf extract and honeysuckle for full coverage protection, even in the cold.
5. Waterproof. Winter winds can cause your eyes to water incessantly. Use waterproof mascara and eyeliner to prevent smudges and smears.
6. Avoid foundation powders if possible. Avoid powder foundation, and opt instead for a liquid. Add a little water to your foundation for a dewy, glowing look.