Many families celebrate July 4th in their hometowns with parades, barbecues, and fireworks. However, some Americans prefer to celebrate our nation's birthday in a bigger way. Check out the festivities that you can take part in around the country that offer something special on Independence Day. Hit the road to celebrate, and don't forget your Brush on Block sunscreen for the daytime activities!
- Washington, D.C. — A patriotic parade on the National Mall, famous guest appearances and a performance by the National Symphony Orchestra is sure to wow any spectator. The fireworks show is the perfect backdrop to the city's famous monuments in the evening.
- Philadelphia — Drenched in U.S. history, Philadelphia is where it all started. Celebrate our country's birth by touring national landmarks during the day to fully appreciate the holiday. Stick around at night for the city's fireworks display over the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the concert on the Parkway.
- New York City — Take in the fireworks show over the Hudson River by planning a dinner cruise or making reservations at a rooftop bar or restaurant on the west side of the river.
- Boston — The Boston Pops provide live entertainment to accompany the fireworks show over the Charles River. Hang out on the Riverbank to watch, or plan a dinner cruise and view the tall ships in the harbor while getting a great view of the pyrotechnics.
- Las Vegas — There is always something fun to do in Las Vegas, and July 4th is no exception. You can take in your favorite show, play a few slots, or cool off in the pool by day and catch a fireworks display at night. Continue your celebration into the late night at one of the city's many nightclubs or lounges.
If you feel like stepping up your plans this July 4th, consider visiting one of these fun locations for a different experience. You can always plan that annual family barbecue for another weekend over the summer!