Autumn is the perfect time to get outdoors and exercise. The weather has cooled off, yet it is still warm enough to work out without bundling up. Whether you're looking for a new routine or want to revamp your old one, getting outdoors will invigorate and inspire you to get motivated. Grab your BRUSH ON BLOCK® Broad Spectrum SPF 30 mineral powder sunscreen and protect your skin during these great outdoor workouts.
- Hike or bike and enjoy the foliage. Research parks nearby with good trails. Bring along a buddy for safety and pack some healthy snacks to keep you energized.
- Use playground equipment. While your kids are playing, use the swings for push-ups, the monkey bars for pull-ups and other equipment as part of your routine.
- Use an outdoor staircase for climbing. Skip the Stairmaster at the gym and look outside for creative options outside. Find stairs that will allow you to enjoy the view while you workout.
- Use your body to do resistance training. You can do squats, push-ups, or hold a plank anywhere. Take a walk to the park or go out in the backyard and challenge yourself.
- Consider adding intervals to your run. Mix up your morning run with varying speeds and intensity for a metabolism boost. After a warm-up, run two minutes at a fast pace, followed by two minutes of easy jogging or walking to catch your breath.
Exercising outdoors is a great way to switch it up when the heat of the summer has subsided. You can get creative and challenge your body just about anywhere. Remember to dress appropriately and wear thin layers you can remove when your body heats up. Even on cloudy days, use your Brush On Block to protect your face from the sun's harmful rays.