Bright blue skies, warm breezes and happy mingling guests are what you may envision for your outdoor wedding. Realistically, a lot can happen when you plan your nuptials outdoors. Here are some tips for planning an outdoor wedding from devising a plan for bad weather to keeping your guests cool and comfortable.
- If you haven't already booked a site, consider a venue with an outdoor-indoor party area. This way, your guests can experience the natural elements and also escape to air conditioning if it gets too hot or starts raining. If you will be outside under a tent or in the open air, be sure to rent high-quality, low volume fans to keep everyone cool.
- Provide guests with Brush on Block sunscreen to protect their skin from the heat of the day. Keep some for yourself to touch up throughout the reception, and throw it in your bag for the honeymoon, too.
- Keep your guests hydrated by serving fruit-infused water throughout the day. Have drinking stations set up with pretty beverage dispensers where guests can refill as needed.
- Look effortlessly beautiful when the temperature heats up. Prepare for summer hair by wearing your hair up in a sleek chignon or low ponytail. Choose a light, breathable fabric for your dress so you will feel comfortable.
- Keep flowers from wilting by selecting those that are best for the season. Keep bouquets in the refrigerator before the ceremony and in between pictures so they keep well for the entire event.
- Cover serving platters and keep them cold so your guests enjoy the fare and don't get sick. Be specifically concerned with seafood, meats, and cheeses that require refrigeration.
- Work with a wedding planner that will attend to the details you may forget. They usually have great suggestions for best practices.
If you approach your outdoor wedding plans with flexibility, you can have the wedding you've always wanted. Have a Plan B ready for the worst-case scenarios so you are not taken off guard on the big day. Don't let a few raindrops or intense heat take away from your fairytale wedding.